December 17, 2008

'08 New England Ice Storm! Editing Update.


WOW!
What an ordeal!

We lost power on Thursday night last week.. but we are still feeling the repercussions!
My children still have no power at their school - so editing has slowed down until I don't have to entertain them. I expect to get some editing done today, but it has been tough to get into the zone.

We hosted my husbands family, 3 kids, 3 dogs and 2 turtles along side my 2 kids, 1 dog and 4 turtles... they went home on Monday night- still without power but a friend of theirs got power back on and let them borrow their generator. It was so great to be all together, but everyone likes to sleep in their own beds!

I am currently working on August 8th, Marisa and Jeremy. My goal was to have their production done by Christmas. I still hope to achieve that, it's just been tough - having lost almost a weeks worth of editing time, due to the storm.

As another update, I have 5 more edits to complete. Polina and Levon (9-6) Jamie and Rich (9-13) Leanne and Brian (9-27) Jessica and Morgan (10-18) Aous and Nour (10-19) and waiting on material from another... My goal is to have these edits all done by Valentines Day.

I look forward to the 2009 season this year. It will be an interesting one, allowing me to be more creative in my products and my business. One thing to remember is that the economy is ever changing, but getting married and capturing your family and friends and the first day of the rest of your lives together, only happens once in your life. Consider your priorites when you plan your budget. Your wedding film will be a once in a lifetime possibility, don't let it pass you by!

Sheila

No comments: